Today was a good day on the road! We solved all of our issues yesterday so today was nice and easy. The only thing we worried about today was the extreme heat. The temp never went below 100 degrees! That was our hottest temp of the day. 113!

We drove through what seemed like endless farms! It was kind of cool, trucks of raw produce all over the road from tomatoes to banana peppers. We even saw some bins of apples and maybe some green peppers too. I also saw an outdoor packing facility just like what my family uses in Ohio. I wanted to stop and take a tour, or maybe some pictures, but it wasn't really in our game plan. ;) I think they were packing melons of some kind though. Those are onions in that truck below.
We stopped for lunch at the Straw Hat Pizza. Left Coast, Right Pizza. lol. It was delicious. We stayed for an hour and watched some tv and just relaxed a little. It was a really nice break from all the driving we've been doing.
After we left the farms behind we got to drive through some mountains. Gorgeous mountains, covered in evergreen trees. There were lakes all over and it was just beautiful. Pictures never do it justice...
Finally, we made it out of the mountains. We are now bunking for the night at a quirky little motor lodge.
We tried a Quality Inn, and then another similar hotel, but they were both booked. So we drove around a little and decided to try this little motor lodge. We walked in the office and we were greeted by a golden retriever named Colby, a little rat terrier named GiGi, and maybe a boxer mix named Sparkel. There were also a few cats. We then noticed a sign that said, "Sorry, No Pets." I guess they have enough for everyone.
The owners live here. It is as if they built the hotel as an extension to their home. All of their pool toys are still in the pool, and they have lawn furniture and flowers in the grass. The patio outside the office is littered with kids toys and a stroller or two. While we were reserving our room a baby was crying in the back and three young girls came home from school/a practice of some kind. The lady helping us told them to go get the baby.
Our room is nice and clean, but looks much like a regular room in a house, just with hotel decor. The AC isn't the best, but that's ok. We like it here.
I WANT A PIZZA!!!
ReplyDeleteSo, why can't I enlarge the picture of Ben in a towel? I can enlarge the nose picking picture. I don't want to enlarge that. I want to enlarge Ben in a towel. *sigh* Love you! We pray safe traveling for you again today!
ReplyDelete