About Me

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A little Update

Ok, first, click here for pictures of the interior of the house!

Now...let's see...what have we been up to the past few days....

Yesterday, we did more exploring of the town we will actually live in. We went to Target and bought a highchair. We'll be wanting that for sure once we move in. I've wanted one since Benjamin could eat food, but it just never worked with the space we had. So I'm happy about that. It looks nicer in person, and the thing hanging off the bottom is an extra seat cover. I loooove it.

Anyway...before we went to Target we had some tasty wood fired pizza. We do have a microwave and a stove top in our hotel room, but I can only tolerate macaroni and cheese type food for so long...spoiled? Maybe a little. However, in reality, I cannot WAIT to get into my new kitchen and start cooking. I have been craving something with green peppers for the past 3 weeks. Every time we go to the store I have to stop and smell the peppers. lol.
Benjamin has discovered the wonders of dipping sauce....yum!

Today...lets see..We got up early and finished some more in-processing crap...and I finally got a new ID card. Now maybe will stop asking me how I lost so much weight... :-/ I, in fact, did not lose any weight. It was a bad hair day and no make up.

After we did that we ventured off to do more price checking at Lowes. Of course, all wants, not needs, but when you only have a hotel to call home and no baby sitter, you have to find alternative forms of entertainment.

After Lowes, we went to our house and I took some pictures of the interior. We discovered we'll be needing shower curtain rods. We're thinking curved like a hotel style. They had originally told us we could move in this coming Friday, but apparently "they" are short handed and it probably will be sometime next week instead. Oh well...

And...after that we were a little hungry...so we stopped at McDonald's. Yeah, not the most healthy of choices...but...you know. Again, Ben and the dipping sauce, in this case ketchup, which he absolutely loves. He also will not eat a plain hamburger..it has to have ketchup and cheese. His daddy's child? Yes. Maybe he got a little of that ketchup love from Auntie Em too...Oh, and I got a free ice cream cone because two people filled the same order. Yum!



Now...we're back in our hotel watching Benjamin be cute in his new pj's. We bought him his first tonka truck today. He's been so excited about it.

7 comments:

  1. So, so precious! Everything he does is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy moly that's a huge coke and fry box.. haha i forgot they even made those sizes.. not here my friend, not here. atleast benjamin has good taste. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house is beautiful!! I'm glad you guys found what you were looking for! :) So fun! I want to come and decorate w/ you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful house - you guys deserve it after all the apartment living and moving this past year!

    We got a curved shower curtain rod from Lowes and I definitely recomend it, it feels like there is so much more room just by that little curve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very nice! I very happey for you. Ben- well cute as usual:}

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must say, I'm jealous of the master bath. If there was one thing I could add into my house right now it would be a master bath... it's jut not realistic right now. I've got a thing for older houses so I have to sacrifice in certain areas for the charm I love. It's worth it... but I still wish I had a master bath and didn't have to walk down a flight of stairs to pee in the middle of the night.

    Congrats, again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey, the ketchup love started with aunt sher

    ReplyDelete