About Me

Monday, August 11, 2008

My Gold Medalist


Rick successfully completed the Leistungsabzeichen. It is a German physical fitness award and you could complete it for a gold, silver, or bronze medal. He was pinned with the gold medal this morning by the German Colonel.
It only took a 100M sprint in less than 12 seconds, throw a shot put 11M, high jump 4'6", swim 200M in less than 6 minutes, run 5K in under 22 minutes, Shoot target in the chest 5/5 with a 9mm pistol from 25M, get a 100% on a first aid test, and ruck march 18.1 miles in under 5 hours (he did it in 4 hours and 31 minutes on his birthday).
He was one of 14 people in his class of 44 to achieve the award.
I'm proud of him :)
Good Job Babe!

6 comments:

  1. WOW!!! I am so proud of you Richard!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm tired just reading that, nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurrah! Go Rick! You rock.

    That's really GREAT, says Juanito.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Rick!!!!You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing - I'm not sure I have done that much activity in my life.
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I can, I think I can....You are the little engine that could....I knew you would, I knew you would! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete