About Me

Friday, December 5, 2008

A Husband's Cruelty

Richard sent me a text message this morning that said, "Hey, look up the song Bring Him Home Santa." So naively I did...and that video is what I found.

Of course, I only cried my eyes out. So I have to ask...WHY? Why would a husband knowingly request that his very pregnant (and already pretty emotional) wife listen to a sad little voice asking Santa to bring home her daddy....and if you watched this thing until the end please let me know if the last little boy's face turned your tears into sobs. Gosh!

Seriously...it's not even right.

***EDIT***

Richard heard on the radio this morning that when the DJ played that song he got tons of calls asking him to play it again, so it was announced that he would play it again at 9:15. Well, Rick had class at 9am and thought if the song was that good he should let me in on it. So, he never actually heard it before telling me to look it up. We knew he wouldn't do that intentionally...and for the record, when he watched, that last little boy choked him up a little too.

3 comments:

  1. oh for pete's sake... the woman hugging her kid on the floor at the airport got me going and that little boy finished me off... geeze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hateful, just plain old hateful.
    I agree the woman at the airport was gut wrenching.

    I think I will be depressed the rest of the day. Wait, Jean's here...I'll make her watch it and then we can be depressed together. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Redeemed - I am so glad Richard is not a cruel husband and just someone who enjoys a good song and wanted to know what it was. :)
    In that case, I bet he felt bad after telling you.

    ReplyDelete