About Me

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Nothing to write about!

I'm 36wks and 2 days pregnant now. I have an appointment today and I am hoping for some progress. It would be really nice if I could have the baby before Christmas, but I'm not getting my hopes to high. But if you guys want to pray that she's big and healthy enough to be born early so we can come home in January, we wouldn't mind. ;)

Rick's leave is approved for January (Flying on the 6th). If the baby is born after Christmas, she can only fly with a medical release...if there are any problems with me or her at all, I won't be able to come. So we haven't purchased any tickets yet. We just don't know what to do.

I am going to mention it to my doctor today and see what his thoughts are.

Benjamin is obsessed with cars these days. But before you get any ideas, he has about 150 hot wheels cars that used to be Rick's. His favorites are mostly the same ones that were Richard's favorites and he (Richard) thinks that's cool. Grandma M. gave us money for Ben's Christmas gift (to avoid shipping costs, loaded suitcases, etc.) and Richard got this on his Black Friday escapades. He got it from Target or Kohl's for 20 dollars! It is actually pretty huge, and we both think Ben will really like it.

I think when you have little kids at home Christmas might be more fun for the parents. Rick and I both usually find that we love Ben's toys more than he does, with a few exceptions. His favorites include a piggy bank from Aunt Ang that he got for his birthday, this farm set that my mom used for his birthday cake, his vacuum cleaner, and a tonka truck we got from a garage sale for $1. He now also loves his hot wheels ramp, which was supposed to be for Christmas, but since he was already engineering ramps on his own, we couldn't wait to show it to him. It's been the highest priority for play time since we gave it to him. He won't even go to bed without at least 2 cars. Bones is chopped liver compared to cars. Here is a video of him racing his cars, he always throws his hands up over his head after the race, we don't know where he got that, but it's pretty cute.

The quality of the video kind of stinks, but what can you expect with a phone? We ordered a new camera from Amazon.com (we got the insurance money from the break in), it should be here soon!

Anyway...I'd better get on with my day...

2 comments:

  1. Spoiled Child and as usual cute video!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute that he likes Richard's cars and has the same favorites. Does his personality favor you or Richard?

    ReplyDelete