
It was a great day for getting out of the house to hang with some friends!
We went on a walk, played in the mud, rode home with no clothes on (well I didn't, but the kids did..), took a bath, had a snack, went to Target, came home, ate dinner, played, bedtime for the kids, blog time for mommy!
The guys came by on Wednesday to hang the trim..but when all was said and done, I thought it looked like crap. I might not know much about construction, but I do know that trim that is pieced together should be cut at an angle..not straight. So I called the "boss man" and let him know that I was unhappy with the job and wanted him to come look at it before he sent out the painter again.
He came down with a cold and sent over one of his job supervisors. Who, as soon as he walked in, said, "ooh, this is not good, this is ALL going to need to be re-done.."
I was pretty relieved to hear that, because I didn't want to have to put up a fight over it. He also said that he could tell we were trying to "live in the mess," and that he would "try to get the job scheduled so that they put the trim up, caulk, and paint all in the same day." How nice!
Little did I know, one of my friends was praying last night that who ever came to look at the job would see what I was talking about, so I didn't have to fight, and that he would have compassion on our situation...because honestly, this mess is stressing me out!
So..there you have it, another blessing in the midst of our messy lives....and...interestingly enough, this man, Todd, was basically the short version of my dad. Easy to talk to, communicate with, comforting. I love how God works.
Happy Weekend Everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment