About Me

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Ben goes to the dentist!

Today was Benjamin's first time ever at the dentist. We were referred to Dr. O. by a friend, and she was AWESOME!

Ben did great. He cried a little about the x-ray, but after that he did everything she said, and opened his mouth "like a tiger." She counted his teeth, and searched for the "sugar bugs" (they like to hide, you know!)

I liked that she used the term "sugar bugs." It's the same thing my dad called them when we were growing up, and it's what we always say before we brush the kids' teeth at night. So it was nice to have something familiar.

At the end of the visit he got to pick a prize from the prize basket.

Afterwards, I asked him if he thought it was bad and if he might like to go back sometime. He said, "not bad, nope! I dotta show Evey to open the mouth."

Overall it was great, and I'm kinda pumped for my own visit in August! I wonder if I'll get a prize? Hmmm :)

1 comment:

  1. I remember the "treasure chest" at my dentist growing up. I always got a real gem out of it... paddle ball, sugar free gum, balloons, all sorts of goodies to choose from!

    ReplyDelete