About Me

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My Husband...


Has the shingles. On his head. He's had these terrible headaches that just won't go away or let up. So I made him go to the doctor today. The shingles.
I didn't know this...but shingles is a form of chicken pox. I guess it's not contagious. But, if you haven't had the chicken pox you can get it from touching the rash.
So. Benjamin has not yet had the chicken pox vaccine! :( So I don't know if I should just run him to the doctor immediately..or what.
Yesterday, Rick started combatives. An annoying form of hand to hand combat that the army forces them to do. He's been dreading it, because they were supposed to get there at 4:30am and do 2 hours of it every morning for the next 2 weeks. But, since he has the shingles now, no more combatives! So he was happy about that...
Anyway...he's miserable, and the headache, in his own words, is TORTURE!
Please, pray for him, I know he has been stressed for the last couple of weeks with his school and all the busy activities/visitors we've had. Also, his school is coming to an end on the 25th. Then he will begin out processing, we'll pack up the trailer, and move again! So, we've got a lot on our plates. ;)

6 comments:

  1. Poor guy! Josh had them not too long ago as well. His dr. said that it is usually older people who get it but he was in the middle of his masters degree and working full time so they said the stress probably weakend his immune system.
    I hear it is miserable so we will be praying for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe you could talk to dad and he could share his attempted cures.. i'm pretty sure he tried everything there was to get rid of them, although i'm not sure that any worked. we'll pray they go away soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. richard, Sorry to hear about the shingles. Painful i heard. Stress....well....Get your grill out because we are comming to visit!! JUST JOKING!!!!! HA HA
    Love you guys.. Aunt Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. ORAYER I CAN AND WILL DO!
    LOVE AUNT ANGPYZIK

    ReplyDelete
  5. We need a cousins makeover weekend. Emily book your flight and we'll all meet up and spend all our extra cash on looking great for our husbands. I'm sure they'll go along with it. Ha ha. :)
    I have to have something that requires no skill to keep up - thus the amish look. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. on the bright side, the younger you are, the quicker shingles go away. still sucks though. hope he feels better soon...

    ReplyDelete